My name is, Sarah Syhakhoun (pronounced See-Haw-koon), and I am a Minnesotan love and marriage photographer.
Some things you may or may not find amusing are:
- I lived on a farm most of life except for the past four years when I moved to the Twin Cities for college. Now I’m a country girl living in the city, loving both for different reasons, and capturing the heart of each with my trusty camera.
- I am a Glee fanatic. Something about embodying one’s inner loser must appeal to me, probably because I am a huge dork and have dreamed for years that people would randomly break into song.
- I am both extremely Type-A and extremely creative, all in one redheaded body.
- I minored in Family Studies at the University of St. Thomas (where I got both my English and teaching degrees). I am fully committed to making marriages strong and preserving rare, unique love.
- I take great pride in my red hair. I love features that make people stand out, and I especially love when people are proud of their quirks. I have lots of them that I’m learning to love!
- My husband, San, is my much better sidekick/soulmate/companion. He supports all my crazy ideas and gives me the courage to go after my dreams, big or small. He is a chef, which is something I love to brag to people about, because, seriously, who gets to eat their husband’s amazing cooking every day? This girl!
- I’m going to be wearing polka dots and ruffles until my dying day. Oh, and cardigans, which I have an ever-growing collection of in almost every color.
- Photography is a hobby-turned-job for me and I couldn’t be more excited to make this transition a permanent one. It’s one thing to do something for money, it’s another thing when you would do it whether you made money from it or not. Photography will always be a part of me.
- Marriage is something I’m so passionate about. I could ramble on about how precious they are and how said it makes me to see people unhappy in marriage. As a photographer, I believe I have the unique position to work as a role model and supporter of people in love so that their love continues to grow. Not only that, but I am so blessed to be able to photograph true love and show it off to inspire others. My job is so much more than just photography to me!
I have also written about my philosophy on photography and my style here.
*Beautiful wedding photo of my husband and me courtesy of Leah Maria Photography.